Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Best of 2007 (Pt. 1 of 2)



I know I've been neglecting my blog but I wanted to spread some Holiday cheer with my Best Of list for 2007. Besides, it's the only list I look forward to putting together each year. I've split it into two parts: a) my favorite/best albums of the year, and b) my favorite/best 21 songs, 10 remixes, and 10 music videos of the year. Oh and yes, I did the unthinkable and qualified a DJ mix compilation (Thee Bang Gang Deejays) as one of the Best Of albums. You only live once. Enjoy, and Happy motherfucking New Year!

Top 16 Albums of 2007:
1. LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver
2. Justice -
3. Kanye West - Graduation
4. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
5. Thee Bang Gang Deejays - Light Sound Dance
6. Peter Bjorn & John - Writer's Block
7. Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
8. Feist - The Reminder
9. M.I.A. - Kala
10. Digitalism - Idealism
11. Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?
12. Boys Noize - Oi Oi Oi
13. Calvin Harris - I Created Disco
14. Simian Mobile Disco - Attack Delay Sustain Release
15. Chromeo - Fancy Footwork
16. Midnight Juggernauts - Dystopia

Already on my list for the Best of 2008:
Vampire Weekend -
Vampire Weekend

No comments: