Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Calvin Harris Was Born In The 80s



I have had Scotsman Calvin Harris's album I Created Disco on blast for the last month straight. I got a copy back in June, being one of those hesitant people who saw the buzz building up but just didn't really feel too experimental. Well, if you've been waiting whether to check out Calvin Harris or not, like I did, wait no further.

You will realize how mighty of an album I Created Disco is. It's crafty, it's kitschy, it's 100% fun dance music. It took me the entire summer to push myself to listen to it more, but after the eventual first full spin, I thought to myself "oh shit, I can't stop listening to this!" Calvin Harris is only 23 and already his shit is on fire.

He gives love to people born in the 1980s (I'm one of those) and is damn hard for me to compare to, but yet is so familiar. Just loop the track I'm sharing, and then go get the entire album.


Calvin Harris - "The Girls" from I Created Disco

For fans of: Chromeo, Hot Chip, Prince

No comments: